The following information will help an attorney decide if they should hire a trademark paralegal to do in-house trademark searching/clear trademarks.
You can take all the info below into consideration & hire a trademark paralegal who may or may NOT do a good job, even do the work yourself. OR you can read the information on the right and consider using a firm that has been providing trademark searches to the trade since 1997
- Complexity of Trademark Searches: Consider the complexity of the trademark searches required. If the searches involve straightforward and routine tasks, a paralegal with appropriate training and experience may be capable of handling the work effectively. However, if the searches involve intricate legal analysis or require in-depth knowledge of specific industries or jurisdictions, an attorney’s involvement or specialized expertise may be necessary. Either way Creative Trademark has the experience and our prices are usually less than hiring help.
- Paralegal Skills and Experience: Assess the paralegal’s skills, experience, and training in conducting trademark searches. A paralegal with relevant experience in trademark law and proficiency in using trademark search tools and databases can be an asset for in-house trademark searching. Ensure that the paralegal has a solid understanding of trademark law principles, search methodologies, and the ability to analyze search results accurately. We have been searching trademarks since 1997 and your search strategy is always done with someone with 20+ years of experience if you use our services.
- Attorney Supervision and Review: Even when utilizing a paralegal, attorneys should maintain oversight and review the work conducted. Attorneys are ultimately responsible for providing accurate legal advice based on the search results. Regularly review and verify the search findings, ensure the paralegal’s work aligns with the firm’s quality standards, and exercise professional judgment in evaluating potential conflicts. No need to baby sit us if you use our services we have over 20 years of experience researching trademarks.
- Cost Considerations: Using a paralegal for trademark searching in-house can be a cost-effective solution compared to outsourcing the task. Paralegals typically have lower billing rates than attorneys, which can result in cost savings for the law firm. However, it’s important to weigh the cost savings against the potential risks and benefits associated with the paralegal’s expertise and the complexity of the searches involved. if you use our services you’ll know the work is done right the first time and at the lowest possible cost for the quality you need.
- Workload and Efficiency: Assess the workload and priorities of the attorney and the law firm. If attorneys have limited time or have more pressing legal matters to handle, delegating trademark searching to a paralegal can free up their time for other critical tasks. This can improve overall efficiency and allow attorneys to focus on their core legal work. If you use our services you’ll have a full time Trademark Staff with 20+ years experience at your disposal whenever we’re needed.
- Confidentiality and Security: Consider the sensitive nature of the trademark search information. Ensure that appropriate measures are in place to maintain confidentiality and protect client information when utilizing a paralegal for in-house trademark searching. Implement confidentiality agreements and security protocols to safeguard sensitive data. We are happy to sign any agreements you feel are needed and have a perfect security record since 1997.
Ultimately, the decision to use a paralegal for in-house trademark searching should be based on the complexity of the searches, the skills and experience of the paralegal, cost considerations, workload, and the attorney’s ability to oversee and review the search results effectively.
Please take a look at the information on the right side of this content to see why we’d love for you to consider using our services instead.
Why would some of the largest trademark lawyers in the country work with a company like Creative Trademark Services for well over 10 years, instead of the big boys at *Thomson Reuters®?
Because they know that they can depend on Creative Trademark Services to provide the highest quality trademark research services at a price far below our competent competition.
Outsourcing your trademark searches to our firm saves our clients thousands of dollars each year! It gives you an immediate staff with over 20 years experience at your fingertips. This means that your search will be crafted and reviewed by someone with 20+ years of experience researching trademarks.
Our prices are a fraction of what a competent company like *Thomson Reuters® charge! However, we use the exact same federal and state data as they do via their subscription services. Think of us as a wholesale trademark search company for your firm!
We pride ourselves on our customer service; we’re always going the extra mile for our clients. Do you need a favor late on a Friday night? Wish to discuss trademark search strategy or just need help filling out the order form? WE ARE THERE!
Also some of our clients are small legal firms that do not specialize in intellectual property. They therefore depend on our patient and friendly staff to help navigate the intricacies of the search process. Big or small, we are there to answer all of your questions, from basic to advanced. The larger companies just can’t match our personalized service.
Please consider reading the many client testimonials we feature in the right side column of our website. We are proud to have received each and every one of them.
We hope you’ll check out our services, & order a search today and/or contact us so we can answer all of your questions.
We’ll be glad to give you a free consultation and explain how we can help your company.