To hire a paralegal to conduct a trademark search, attorneys can follow these steps:
You can take all the info below into consideration & hire a trademark paralegal who may or may NOT do a good job, even do the work yourself. OR you can read the information on the right and consider using a firm that has been providing trademark searches to the trade since 1997
- Define the Role: Clearly define the scope of work and responsibilities for the paralegal. Specify the desired qualifications, experience, and skills required to perform the trademark search effectively. Determine whether the paralegal will solely handle the search or also assist with other related tasks. We know exactly what is needed if you use our services, after all we have over 20 years of experience researching trademarks.
- Job Posting and Recruitment: Advertise the job opening for the paralegal position, either internally within the law firm or externally through job portals, legal associations, or career websites. Clearly state the requirements and expectations for the position, including relevant experience in trademark law or conducting trademark searches. No need post a job if you use our services we have over 20 years of experience researching trademarks.
- Resume Screening and Interviews: Review the resumes and applications received, and shortlist candidates who meet the desired qualifications. Conduct interviews to assess their knowledge, skills, and suitability for the position. Inquire about their experience in conducting trademark searches, familiarity with trademark databases, and their understanding of trademark law principles. No need if you use our services
- Assess Technical Proficiency: Evaluate the candidates’ technical proficiency in using trademark search tools, databases, and other relevant software. Assess their ability to conduct comprehensive searches, analyze search results, and organize information effectively. No need if you use our services
- Check References: Request references from the shortlisted candidates and contact their previous employers or supervisors to gather feedback on their performance, reliability, and ability to handle trademark search tasks. 25+ years of experience and countless trademark professionals can give you references if you use our services
- Evaluate Communication Skills: Effective communication is crucial for paralegals working in trademark search. Assess the candidates’ verbal and written communication skills, as well as their attention to detail, ability to follow instructions, and professionalism. Have we mentioned we take customer service extremely serious. You can actually get us on the phone to ask a question or make a special request.
- Consider Legal Background: While not mandatory, candidates with a legal background or paralegal certification may have a better understanding of legal concepts and procedures, which can be beneficial when conducting trademark searches. Consider the candidates’ legal education or relevant certifications as a factor in the hiring decision. 25+ years of experience. No need if you use our services
- Assess Cultural Fit: Evaluate how well the candidate aligns with the law firm’s culture, work environment, and team dynamics. A good fit can contribute to better collaboration and overall productivity. No need if you use our services
- Conduct Background Checks: Depending on the jurisdiction and the law firm’s policies, conduct background checks, including criminal background checks or other relevant screenings, to ensure the integrity and reliability of the candidate. No need if you use our services
- Offer and Onboarding: Once the selection process is complete, extend an offer to the chosen candidate. Clearly communicate the terms of employment, including salary, benefits, and any other relevant details. Provide necessary training and orientation to familiarize the paralegal with the law firm’s procedures, databases, and specific requirements for conducting trademark searches. No need if you use our services
Remember, it’s essential to provide clear instructions, oversee the work of the paralegal, and review the search results yourself to ensure accuracy and make informed decisions based on the findings. Of course if you use our services instead that will not be a concern!
Why would some of the largest trademark lawyers in the country work with a company like Creative Trademark Services for well over 10 years, instead of the big boys at *Thomson Reuters®?
Because they know that they can depend on Creative Trademark Services to provide the highest quality trademark research services at a price far below our competent competition.
Outsourcing your trademark searches to our firm saves our clients thousands of dollars each year! It gives you an immediate staff with over 20 years experience at your fingertips. This means that your search will be crafted and reviewed by someone with 20+ years of experience researching trademarks.
Our prices are a fraction of what a competent company like *Thomson Reuters® charge! However, we use the exact same federal and state data as they do via their subscription services. Think of us as a wholesale trademark search company for your firm!
We pride ourselves on our customer service; we’re always going the extra mile for our clients. Do you need a favor late on a Friday night? Wish to discuss trademark search strategy or just need help filling out the order form? WE ARE THERE!
Also some of our clients are small legal firms that do not specialize in intellectual property. They therefore depend on our patient and friendly staff to help navigate the intricacies of the search process. Big or small, we are there to answer all of your questions, from basic to advanced. The larger companies just can’t match our personalized service.
Please consider reading the many client testimonials we feature in the right side column of our website. We are proud to have received each and every one of them.
We hope you’ll check out our services, & order a search today and/or contact us so we can answer all of your questions.
We’ll be glad to give you a free consultation and explain how we can help your company.